There’s no place like Home to birth your baby! For those that are healthy with a low-risk pregnancy, home birth is a safe option for personalized Midwives’ Model of Care The Midwives Model of Care | Midwives Alliance of North America.
Comprehensive midwifery care is woman centered, informed consent based, with shared decision making. Using the time-honored tradition of Midwifery, balanced with current evidence-based care and practice, clients receive nurturing care specific to their needs. One important aspect of home birth midwifery care is the relationship that is built between the client and the midwife during prenatal visits. It is during this time that mutual respect and trust which facilitates normal birth.
The full course of care includes:
- Prenatal visits (1 hour each) every 4 weeks to 28 weeks, biweekly to 36 weeks, weekly to birth.
- Labor/birth care in your home with your chosen family/friends/doula.
- Waterbirth Option
- Newborn exam and assessment after birth.
- Postpartum visits in your home at 36 hours and 1 week.
- Postpartum visits in office at 2 weeks and 6 weeks.
Necessary lab work and ultrasounds will be ordered for all clients. The newborn metabolic screen, hearing screen, and CCHD screen will be done postpartum in the home. The birth certificate will be filed.
To schedule a free consultation, email or call Monday-Friday 9 am – 5 pm.